FAQ Food Truck Owners:
1. Why should I create a profile?
Your Food Truck profile is your most important marketing tool. It allows you to showcase your culinary offerings to property managers and your customers. The first step in the Profile Set up process is to add a description and photo of your truck as well as the contact information and social media links. At the end of the profile you will also have the ability to add an image of your menu and pictures of your food. Just remember, this is an opportunity to upload the best images and current menus which will be pushed out through Curbside Kitchen social media and to property managers and other Curbside Kitchen subscribers.
2. What does it cost to be a Curbside Kitchen Food Truck Vendor?
Once you have completed your profile and become a Curbside Kitchen vendor, you will need to provide us with payment information before we can send you event offers which start as low as $25.
3. We are a Food Truck and do not have a permanent location so, why do I have to add an address?
The address is not used as your billing or location address; instead, it allows you to set a central location used by the radius function. The radius is the number of miles from that central address that you wish to serve. Only events that are scheduled inside of that radius will show up on your list.
4. Why do I have to upload a Certificate of Insurance?
Before you can respond to an event, you will need to upload a PDF of your current Certificate of Insurance (COI). Proof of insurance is required by Property and Event Managers.
5. I uploaded my COI; however, I still cannot accept an event offer?
This means your information is being reviewed by the Curbside Kitchen team. Once we have confirmed your submission, you will see that it has been affirmed and, then you will be able to accept event offers.
6. What are “Days of the Week” and “Days Off”?
- Days of the Week are those days during the that you are able to vend at a Curbside Kitchen location. You will not receive any event invites on these days.
- Days Off are those Holiday or Vacation days that you are not available. You will not receive any event invites on these days either.
7. What are SEO tags?
These are Search Engine Optimization tags that can help search engines like Google and Bing find your Food Truck profile.
8. What is the difference between “Accept Invite” and “Confirm Offer”?
Accept Invite means you are available for that event. If the building manager wants to send you an offer, then you will have a button that says “Confirm Offer” which means you are going to be at that event during that time.
9. I want to accept the invite, but I need to make a special request, like a minimum number of tickets or sales, can I do that?
Yes. When you accept an event you can add a comment that the Property or Events Manager can review. They can also include a comment as part of the event with special instructions.
10. Why do I have to put in a credit card to confirm an event?
If the event has a fee, you will have to add a valid credit card in order to confirm the event. We only charge the card within a three-week window of the event. So, if you are four weeks out, there will be no charge, but if you are inside of that three-week window, you will automatically receive the charge for that event.
11. What happens if I need to cancel an event, because my truck breaks down?
You can cancel an event after you accept. However, please go into the system to cancel the event as soon as possible so we can find a replacement truck for the event.
12. How is my Food Truck marketed to the tenants of a building or event participants?
The Curbside Kitchen system sends automated notifications out at the beginning of each week and the day before events to Property and Event Managers to push event information out to building tenants. Additionally, all of the people - “Foodies” - who have registered on our system will also receive a personalized email.
13. Do you market to people at other properties around the event location as well?
Yes. Anyone who has signed up on our website is required to set a radius around their building. This radius will trigger an automated Weekly and/or Daily email to be sent to them about Food Trucks that will at a curbside near their location.
14. Can people look at my profile and my calendar for the week?
Yes. Anyone can view your Food Truck profile and see your schedule for the week.
Property & Event Manager - Frequently Asked Questions
1. How far in advance do you recommend booking out a food truck?
- Food trucks can book out months in advance. We recommend scheduling at least two (2) weeks before your event to get the best possible results.
2. How many trucks can be booked for each event?
- Curbside Kitchen will consult with you directly. We will recommend a certain number of trucks depending upon the size of building and number of tenants.
3. How do I implement vouchers?
- Contact the Curbside Kitchen team, let us know the date(s) you would like to use a Food Truck Buck Voucher, the number of vouchers you plan to distribute, and the value (dollar amount) you prefer for the voucher. Our team will create the voucher and, depending on your preference, will send you a color PDF of the voucher that you can print and distribute or, for a nominal fee, deliver to you hard copy, pre-cut vouchers for your tenants to use during the event.
4. How do I handle a cancellation/no show?
- Contact the Curbside Kitchen team immediately here. We will work to find a replacement food truck(s) and/or identify a new date to hold your event at no additional cost.
5. How soon before an event I can cancel?
- Please provide at least 24 hours advance notice if you plan to cancel your event. This will allow the food truck(s) time to adjust their preparation amounts/times and find another location to vend.
6. What are typical dining times?
- We can accommodate your preferred times. Typical dining times are as follows:
Breakfast: 8 AM to 10 AM
Lunch: 11 AM to 2 PM
Dinner: 6 PM to 8 PM
7. Are there options other than food trucks for my events?
- If you have amenity or common area space in your building(s), many of our food truck vendors will be able to set up “pop up style” events inside or outside at your location.
8. How much does it cost?
- The base cost per event is $175 for one food truck. Additional trucks are $75 each per event.
9. What is "Managed versus Not Managed?
- Managed: The Curbside Team assists you by overseeing event scheduling and food truck bookings based on the unique profile preferences of your property – number of people being served, desired cuisine type, event timing, etc.
- Not Managed: You enter your events and manually select the food truck(s) you want.
10. How do I sign up?
- Please click “sign up” at the top of the Curbside Kitchen website and register as a building. You will then receive an email from a member of the Curbside Kitchen team to learn more about your property and event needs. With this information in hand our team will help set up your profile so that you can begin scheduling events and trucks.
11. Do I need a property manager for each building or event?
- Yes. Under your company profile, you will need to assign a property or event manager to each building/event. One property manager can be assigned to multiple buildings.
12. I have several organizations in my building. Can I add the main contacts for each organization to the building profile so they can receive Curbside Kitchen notices?
- Yes. You can add them to the building and they will receive notifications of food trucks that will be rolling up curbside to your building. We strongly encourage you to ask your tenants to sign up on Curbside Kitchen directly so that they will receive these notifications.
13. What if I want to book more than one truck?
- When you create an event in the Curbside Kitchen system you can ask for as many trucks as you need.
14. If I have special requirements how do I request?
- There is a comment field where you can provide specific instructions for the event.
15. If I need a Certificate of Insurance (COI) for a food truck to come onsite how do you handle that?
- Every food truck on our system is required to have a current COI before they can be scheduled for a Curbside Kitchen event. You will be able to see it in your Dashboard for the event.
16. Our property has specific terms and conditions that vendors must agree to. How do we coordinate this?
- When you create a building there is a section where you can list special terms and conditions. When a food truck confirms an event they will be required to view and accept the terms and conditions for the event location.
17. What if I need a food truck at two different times in one day at the same location?
- You will need to create two separate events.
18. Can I create a recurring event?
- Yes. At the bottom of the event form you will see a check box that allows you to create a recurring event. You can select daily, weekly or bi-weekly.
19. I created an event and food trucks have responded. What are the next steps?
- This only applies if you have elected to not be managed by Curbside Kitchen. First you will need to select the food trucks you want to send offers to. Once the food truck “confirms” they will be locked in for the event. You will be able to see this on your event calendar or event list.
20. What does the color coding on the event list mean?
- Orange: The offer is pending food truck approval.
- Green: The food truck has accepted the offer and the event is booked.
21. How soon should I accept a truck after they say they are available?
- As soon as possible so that the food truck does not book another event. We encourage accepting ASAP to ensure you get the trucks you want!
22. What if I have additional questions?
- Please reach out to our team at email@example.com or call (703) 589-9650.
FAQ Customers “Foodies”
1. Does it cost anything to sign up?
2. Why do you need my contact information?
3. What is the radius used for?
4. What are weekly and daily notifications?
I turn off the email notifications?